A while ago I listed some social networks where I exist. I’ve thought of a few more since then. I use all of these less than the other ones, but here goes:
- Flickr – A fantastic web site for posting and sharing pictures. One of it’s major competitors is Google Picasa, which is also pretty good. I hit the 200 picture limit for a free account, so I don’t put all my pictures up here. Instead I put them on my personal website.
- Mugshot – Some sort of social network aggregator. I don’t really use this. I think maybe I signed up because it’s made by Red Hat?
- MySpace – I don’t use this, either. It’s so much fun to make fun of how low quality everything is! For example, if you enter an incorrect password when signing in the error message is “You must be logged-in to do that!” WTF?
- Plaxo – The original idea is that it was a big shared address book where you updated your address and everyone else got the update. I think you can sync it with addresses books in Outlook and the OS X thing and probably cell phones and stuff. They also do the social network aggregation thing now.
- Yelp – A web site for reviewing stores. I don’t write reviews very often. Mostly because they don’t let me out very often.
- YouTube – I’ve recently started favoriting music I like so it’s easy to listen to. I think this performance is pretty awesome.