We should of course continue to be angry about the September 11th attacks, but just to keep things in perspective…
- Number of people killed in the September 11th attacks: 2,998
- Number of US military deaths in War in Afghanistan: 480
- Number of US military deaths in War in Iraq: 3,974
- Number of road deaths (cars, etc.) in the US in 2004: 42,636
- Number of deaths caused by 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and resulting tsunamis: 225,000 (0.35% of the world’s population)
The Earthquake/Tsunami number astounds me.
Edit: Wait, that’s not 0.35%, is it? I think it’s actually 0.0035%, which is a way smaller percentage.