WARNING: This information is very old and out of date.
- Install a 1.4 or 1.5 JDK. I usually download JDK 5.0, uncompress to /usr/local/java/jdk1.5.0_05, then add symlinks from /usr/local/bin/java and /usr/local/bin/javac to their conterparts in /usr/local/java/jdk1.5.0_05/bin
- Set your JAVA_HOME environment variable appropriately. I usually add "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java/jdk1.5.0_05" to the bottom of my ~/.bash_profile
- Download GaimContinuousIntegration.tar.bz2
- Expand the above tarball
- Change into the cruisecontrol-projects directory
- Modify cruisecontrol-projects/bootstrap.sh and set the correct CVS root for your username, then run it
- Modify cruisecontrol-projects/config.xml, set your username at the top and change the project names to match your distribution and architecture
- Log into sourceforge and create directories underneath /home/groups/g/ga/gaim/buildlogs that match your 2 project names
- grep for "mark" and make sure my name isn't in there anywhere
- Either modify "cruisecontrol.sh" then run it, or look at it and do what it does
- Check cruisecontrol-projects/cruisecontrol.log for errors
*You may also need ant installed! I have it installed, but I
believe CruiseControl includes ant.